About Amãna Takaful The Takaful Concept
- Interim Report 31.12.2012
- Interim Report 31.03.2013
- Interim Report 30.06.2013
- Interim Report 31.12.2013
- Interim Report 31.03.2014
- Interim Report 30.06.2014
- Interim Report 30.09.2014
- Interim Report 30.06.2015
- Interim Report 30.09.2015
The concept of Takaful
"Takaful" is an Islamic insurance concept of risk management based on reciprocity and partnership.
The practice of “Takaful” is firmly grounded on financial principles which observe rules and regulations of Islamic law, practiced for over 1400 years.
Simply translated, Takaful means ‘joint guarantee’ in which several parties ensure the safety of their collective partners. The model creates a financial community in an effort to safeguard the interests of each individual through a collective fund.
In the case of an ill-fated event, the affected party may benefit from the contributions of his fellow participants, thus becoming joint owners of the fund and providers of each other’s interests. The emergence of Takaful can be traced to the perennial need for a scheme of insurance, void of interest and uncertainty. “Takaful insurance” fills this void with transparency, equity and mutual benefit.
- Participants collaborate for their common good ,
- Contributions are made to help those in need of financial assistance ,
- Losses and liabilities are dispersed according to a pooling system ,